Friday, December 02, 2005

New Shoes

ORN: 5 miles, no watch, quick pace.

I must be a little kid at heart. Alternatively, a poster boy for the old saying "The only difference between men and boys is how much they go and pay for their toys."

Got my latest pair of Brooks Adrenline GTS5s in the mail yesterday from my pals at Athletic Annex in Indy. Great running store, but that's the subject of a different blog when I have more time. Put them on for a simple 5 miler and they felt great, right out of the box. Which is what I like so much about this model. It seems to fit my particular foot strike perfectly. My fourth pair in a year. And well worth it. That too is another blog.

This taper business is indeed wired. It feels really funny and I still have two weeks till the 20 miler. Others have described it well and I'm sensing it more for this long race than I have for various half marathons. Only 12 miles tomorrow, Saturday. Will feel like a very short stroll in the park! How cool is that??

Persevere.

1 comment:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

It's cold here, too. Don't you just love getting a package with running stuff in it in the mail? It's kind of cool to have the box waiting when you get home.