Thursday, December 29, 2005

Planning for 2006

ORN: 4.5 miles, plodding, windy

Wow, did I not want to go out this morning. And once I got outside, I really didn't want to keep going, as the balmy temperatures for yesterday's long run gave way overnight to a chilly NW wind.

The run itself came in two parts.

The physical side stunk. The legs just were lead-filled, very clunky. The wind was no fun and it remains really, really dark here at 5:30am.

The mental side was, by contrast, quite enjoyable. I have been working through my running goals for 2006 and made some headway, specifically bringing some rationality to a few ideas I had. Plus I solved some issues in my mind at work and at home.

Which made it worth it. And which is why I make myself get out each day.

Persevere.

No comments: