Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Runner's Dream Sequence

ORN: 4 miles, no watch, nice pace.

After the long run Saturday and only some biking on Sunday, the legs felt very fresh once I got warmed up and stretched. Kind of amazingly fresh.

Saw four other folks out running this morning. I haven't seen anyone since Christmas in the early-morning run times. Is it the fact that spring races are out there and looming?

Before I went to bed last night, I had my calendar out and was doing some planning for the weeks between now and the St Louis Marathon. Must have been on my mind, as I dreamed I was 4 miles into the marathon when I realized I had not brought my watch. Instead I had a nice, formal, men's analog watch on my wrist and I was trying to figure out how I'd get my splits by just remembering where the second hand was. I woke up with a start...and a laugh. I wonder how many more such dreams I'll have by April 9.

Persevere.

No comments: