Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Mirror Image of Winter

ORN: Saturday: 10.5 miles, bonkable
Sunday: zero
Monday: zero
Tuesday: 5 miles, nice

Today, I had the first enjoyable training run in about three weeks. The key issue? The weather. Last night's big thunderstorms lowered the temps behind them and it was a nice 58 when I headed out the door at 5:30am.

It struck me how this is so much like winter...you train and train but mostly just get the miles in. Then, every once in a while, you get a day in the 40s and you get rid of the tights and just run "free." It felt the same way today. I've been getting in the miles but today felt a ton better. Unlike Saturday, when I ran mid-day (that's another blog entry as to why) and the temps hit 90 around mile 8.

Lots more news personally, as well...I'll dribble it out as it makes sense.

And, in any event, we persevere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the weather. some days you train, some days you survive! I know when it gets hot, my heart rate goes up 10-15 bpm.

Sounds like a nice race with the hogs. I need to do race soon. I need the motivation to train harder.