Thursday, June 21, 2007

Saturday Morning will be Interesting

ORN: 4 miles, 5/1 R/W, 40:02

The training plan calls for a 5k race to build some speed this weekend, along with 4-5 more miles besides the race. So I signed up for a small local fund-raising race that goes off at 8:15am at a local HS, figuring it would be easy enough to get in the other miles beforehand.

Then, at work on Tuesday, one of my colleagues pointed out that a number of our folks were doing an American Cancer Society Relay for Life fund raiser from 7pm to 7am, starting Friday night. This is a deal where a group attempts to walk for 12 hours in shifts. It takes place on the track at the same High School. She asked if I'd like to be part of the morning shift, like 5am to 7am. It truly hit one of the crazy, responsive chords for me.

So, I'm going for it. I'll be up early, run for 90-120 minutes at the Cancer fund raiser. Then, I'll have an hour to relax, then run a 5K at a target time of 25:15.

Will it work? I dunno. But it sure sounds like fun. Oh, did I mention I'm also umpiring the plate at a baseball game Friday night??

Stay tuned...if I'm still awake, I'll post more on Saturday.

Persevere...all day, all night.

3 comments:

Darrell said...

Umping the night before does at an interesting little wrinkle to the run strategy. I hope the game doesn't go into extra innings.

An afternoon nap may be in order on Saturday.

Wes said...

Sounds like a parteee! I hope you hit that 5K time too! I like it!!

IronWaddler said...

Have a great Saturday-I'll be thinking of you. Kick some butt in the 5K.