Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Web Connections

ORN (Monday):  5.2 miles, R4/W1, cold, wet drizzle

It is amazing to me how the Web serves as a colossal library on every arcane topic you can imagine.  And that search engines make it all accessible and sortable...in seconds.

I say that because in the last few weeks, I've had wonderful emails from a number of runners who have come across this blog.  The key search term seems to relate to my use of and fascination with Jeff Galloway, his description of the run/walk method and the Run/Walk Calculator I posted.  (It certainly isn't my name that lands them here ... there is another Joe Ely who is much more famous.)

And it is fun!  Folks email me, we have a nice chat, usually about some very specific aspects of or questions about run/walk.  I'm glad to be able to help out...wow, how many people have helped me out???  Happy to return the favor.  

Persevere.  And don't be afraid to ask questions.    


.

4 comments:

Uncle Nathan said...

They might not be searching for that Joe Ely, but the shades the other Joe is sporting might be a good look for you dad.

Wes said...

You are famous in your own right :-)

Sarah said...

It's fun to see how people find our blogs. I get a lot of searches for races. And then there's always the totally random ones I can't figure out at all.

Nice of you to help out!

Darrell said...

I'm happy to know this Joe Ely, I've never heard of that other guy.